• André Berry: David Sanborn, The Brothers Johnson (since the passing of Louis Johnson), Peter White, Rick Braun, George Duke, Jeff Golub, Wayman Tisdale, Dave Koz, Jonathan Butler, Warren Hill, Earl Klugh, Jeffrey Osbourne, and so many more…
“When you get behind the wheel of a Ferrari and step on the gas, you quickly realize what you’ve been missing out on….So it is with Wayne Jones Amps. I couldn’t believe how much beef and clarity I’d had been missing out on…”
“These amps are just light years beyond what anyone else is doing!”
• André Berry with David Sanborn @ Blue Note / Japan:
David Sanborn’s world renowned engineer never even had André Berry in the mix at the Blue Note in Nagoya Japan. (André uses 2 WJ Powered 2x10 cabs & a WJBP pre amp.) His comment was they were so flat he didn’t need to have André in the mix in that size room. At the Blue Note Tokyo he only had a little in the mix.
David Sanborn was astounded but what a difference it made for him with Endorsee André Berry using them. In a passing comment he said would like every bass player that plays with him to have a WJ Bass rig! David now owns a WJ 2x10 and a WJBP Pre-amp for his home studio.
Blue Note Tokyo now has them as their house rig & they are also due for delivery to other Blue Note Clubs around the world.
• Nate Phillips ( Nathaniel Phillips): Billy Cobham, David Sanborn, En-vogue, Esther Phillips, George Benson, Gerald Albright, Grover Washington, Herb Alpert, Richard Elliot, Rick Braun, Stevie Wonder, The Crusaders and so many more...
“The Boldest Sounding Bass Amp On The Planet! The Wayne Jones System is here for those of us that demand our live bass sound to be equal in quality to what we hear in a high end studio. Accept no Substitutes, this is the real deal”
• Paul Adamy: Carly Simon, The NY Philharmonic, Gladys Knight, Ne-Yo, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Michael Bolton, Liza Minelli, Melissa Etheridge, Art Garfunkel, and so many more...)
“Wayne Jones Audio is all you need to know when it comes to bass amplification. His gear is simply the best. No matter what style of music you play or what type of bass you play, the sound of your instrument comes through loud & clear!”
• Tim George: Richard Elliott, Peter White, Mindi Abair, Jeff Golub, Marc Antoine, Rick Braun, Jeff Kashiwa, Steve Cole, Kim Waters, The Sax Pack, Euge Groove, Warren Hill, and so many more...
“Very honoured, humbled, and happy to be an official endorsee of Wayne Jones Audio designed by Australian bassist Wayne Jones. It some of the best bass gear I have ever played through from the WJ Pre amp to the many lines of speaker cabinets he has designed. Not only do they sound incredible, they are light weight!! Thanks Wayne!!!!!!”
• Carl Young: Michael Franti & Spearhead
“The cabinets are from an amp builder, Wayne Jones who lives in Melbourne Australia. He’s a Genius of acoustics, and any serious bass player might wanna check out his site.”
“Last night I had the best bass sound I have ever had anywhere in the world.”
• Arlington Houston: Also freelanced with musicians Al Tanner, Jules Broussard, Calvin Keys, Faye Carol, David Hardeman, Jeff Narell, E.W. Wainwright, Bill Bell, and Terrell Prude, and so many more...
“Wayne! I want to thank you again for the fine craftsmanship and audiophile technology. Your cabs are the best speakers I’ll will ever own.”
• Don Adams: N.B. while Don is not an official endorsee he provided the following quote:
“I just had the honor and privilege to play through the best bass rig on the planet ! … Wayne Jones AUDIO bass rig - 2000 watts of pure power. Thick, punchy, clean, and powerful. It sound like someone took a cloth and polished each note before it was released from the speaker!”
• HeaveN Beatbox: aka Steven Cantor is a testament to the versatility and high fidelity of the Wayne Jones AUDIO range. HeaveN expresses himself by absorbing the actions and sounds that immediately surround him. He hears, feels, captures and personifies these sounds through the art of beatboxing and storytelling. Currently performing the role of “Boxman” on Broadway, in the musical “In Transit”.
“Wayne Jones Audio has the best and audibly cleanest bass amp I've ever had the privilege of using”
• Nick Colionne: Recording artist, wonderful guitarist and frontman, Nick Colionne, has discovered what Gerey Johnson was exclaiming “Wow these are incredible” about, the WJ 1×10 1000 Watt (500 per side) Powered Stereo/Mono system along with the WJBP Stereo Valve Pre-Amp makes for an amazing guitar amp/rig.
“The amp is killing. The presence, the way it’s punching me be the back, just loving it all – I am loving it.”
• Gerey Johnson: Richard Elliot, Boney James, Euge Groove, The ExSenators, Boney James, Rick Braun, The Sax Pack, Down to the Bone, George Duke, Warren Hill, Paul Taylor, Eric Darius, Micheal Manson, Steve Cole, Brian Culbertson, Janet Jackson, Mary J. Bilge, Lisa Stansfield.
Guitarist Gerey Johnson is using the WJ 1×10 1000 Watt (500 per side) Powered Stereo/Mono system along with the WJBP Stereo Valve Pre-Amp.
“Lots of punch, cut through most excellently and was able to get a warm jazzy tone, get funky rhythm skanks and rock out with no issues! Pedals sounded like how they were supposed to! Love me some Wayne Jones Audio!”
Credits of other Endorsees
• Derrick “Swol” Ray Derrick: Performs with Rihanna and his credits include among many, Alicia Keys, Marvin Sapp, Kirk Franklin, Mary J. Blige, and Anita Wilson.
• Mark Peterson: President Obama’s 1st Inaugural Ball, Danny Glover/Harlem Arts, Shakira, Cassandra Wilson, Gerald Albright, Jeff Kashiwa, Cheb Tati/Cheb Khaled, Clark Terry, Cirque du Soleil, Jason Robert Brown, Joan Baez, DeeDee Bridgewater, Ornette Coleman, James “Blood” Ulmer, Nick Cave and so many more...
• Isaiah “Za” Williams: Arrested Development
• Graham Maby: Joe Jackson Band
• André Bowman: Usher, Will I Am, Black Eyed Peas
• Scott Colley: the bassist of choice for such jazz legends as Herbie Hancock, Jim Hall, Andrew Hill, and Michael Brecker, and so many more…
• David Dyson: Pieces Of A Dream, Secret Society, Unit 3 Deep, Gerald Albright, Philip Bailey, Walter Beasley, Rick Braun, Jonathan Butler, Dennis Chambers, Candy Dulfer, Debbie Gibson, Walter Hawkins, Norman Hutchins, Michael Franks, Bob James, Bobby Lyle, Wynton Marsailis, and so many more…
• Garrett Body: Recording artist. Garrett’s music has inspired many and has allowed him the honour of sharing the stage with many notable recording artists such as Heather Headley, Jennifer Hudson, Dwayne Woods, Euge Groove, Rick Braun, Norman Brown, Brian Simpson, Sax Pack, and the list goes on and on.
• Maurice Fitzgerald: He has circled the globe in recent years with the likes of Beyonce Knowles, Destiny’s Child, Brian Culbertson and Ramsey Lewis. Toured with Marvin Sapp and Ron Isley. Credits also include performing with contemporary jazz greats such as Ramsey Lewis and Brian Culbertson, as well as gospel greats such as Donnie McClurkin, CeCe Winans, Yolanda Adams, Fred Hammond and John P. Kee.
• Kevin Walker: Prince, Justin Timberlake, Patti Labelle, Wilson Pickett, Kanye West, T.I, WIILL.I.AM, Timberland, Angela Bofil, Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers, 76 Degrees West, Najee, Jodeci, Roy Ayers, Pieces of a Dream, Kim Waters, Tevin Campbell & Will Downing, Chaka Kahn, Ledisi, Mike Phillips, Brian Culbertson, Jeff Lorber, Candy Dulpher, Angela Bofill, Aaliyah, Marion Meadows… and so many more.
• Jess Reily: Australian powerhouse rock trio, Tequila Mockingbyrd, are about to smash it in Europe with their upcoming tour kicking off in September. After their debut album release, Fight and Flight, this all woman group have skyrocketed to prominence appearing as support to Australia’s rock royalty; Baby Animals, Thirsty Merc, The Superjesus, Twelve Foot Ninja and British India along with international greats like Richie Ramone, Cherie Currie.
• Drew Dedman: Australian Rock/NuMetal band Superheist have just returned from LA after recording at NRG Recording Studio.
THE POWERED CABS
High powered, high end, crystal clear, pure, tight warm sound with every frequency present.
No expense was spared in the design & manufacture. They are designed & built for the highest possible quality not price.
Your bass sounds just the same as it does in the studio but with the added live sound power reinforcement.
You can even use the smaller WJ Powered 1x10 set up as studio monitors or for home theatre. Wayne Jones does just that.
THE WAYNE JONES AUDIO RANGE
WJ 1000 Watt Powered 2X10 cab :
Gives you a 1000 Watt 2x10 or a 2000 Watt 4x10 or a 4000 Watt 8x10 set up. Wow!!!!!
• 40 Hz to 20 kHz
• The custom made WJ drivers themselves are 40 Hz to 4.5 kHz Kevlar impregnated cones with huge magnets.
• Clean true mids with no cloudy sound like other cabs.
• Your bass sounds the same as it does in a studio but with the added live sound reinforcement.
• Pull out handle & castors that are well over spec’d
• Bar handles also for alternative carrying
• Highest quality expensive ballistic nylon padded covers to protect the cabs with the added protection around the control panel area
• The built in power amp
• State of the art switch mode power amp made in Denmark, far superior to any other that is out there in other amps
• 20 Hz to 20 KHZ Hi Fi
WJ 700 Watt Passive 2×10 Bass Cabinet:
Now you can have the same incredible cabinet sound using the head of your choice.
Building on the range of awarded and highly acclaimed powered cabinets.
• 700 Watt @8 Ohms, Compact, Hi End, Crystal Clear, Full Range 2×10 Bass Cabinet (40 Hz – 20 KHz)
• The custom made WJ drivers themselves are 40 Hz to 4.5 kHz & will extend down to 28 Hz, Kevlar impregnated cones with huge magnets.
• Clean true mids with no cloudy sound like other cabs.
• True studio sound for your bass but with the added live sound reinforcement.
• Bar handles for carrying
WJ 1000 Watt Powered 1x10 Stereo System:
They are so light but sound so full & clear.
The 1000 watt 1x10 stereo system, is extremely light weight (no more back trouble) great for small rooms.
500 Watt a side, 4 ohm cabinets that are used as a pair in stereo or parallel mono.
• Power Amp – D Class switch mode stereo power amp with heat sink plate mounted into the rear of one cabinet.
• Power Amp frequency – 20 Hz – 20 KHz
• High Pass Filter – 30Hz roll off
• Cabinet tuning – 40 Hz to 20KHz (speakers will reproduce below 30Hz so thus the need for the HPF)
• Drivers – 2 custom made Wayne Jones 10” drivers with Aluminium cast frames, specially formulated cone pulp, Kevlar impregnated cones.
• Voice coil – 3”
• Magnet – Massive Ferrite
• Tweeter – JBL, 1.75” Voice coil
• Crossover point – 3.5KHz
WJBP Stereo Valve pre-amp:
No expense spared in the design or components. Built for what all bass players need to do their job.
• Stunning clear, flat, stereo valve pre amp with everything we bass players need
• One tone control for each string set at exactly the right place of attack
• Fine tune your sound from flat
• Built in tuner
• Optical compressor
• DI with level control
• Stereo/mono fx loop
• Aux in with headphone out
• Excellent studio pre
• I don’t use Avalon u5 anymore
WJBPII Twin Channel Bass Pre-Amp:
Introducing the all new WJBPII TWIN CHANNEL BASS PRE-AMP, featuring the option of phantom power on the second channel.
Listening to endorsees Scott Colley & André Berry I designed this new edition for the endorsee family. Scott needed one channel for his double bass pick up & a second channel for the phantom powered mic he uses on the bass. Andre needed extended treble frequencies. I also made a few of my own changes to the WJBPII.
• 2 Independent channels. Channel 1 – Stereo/Mono Input. Channel 2 – Has the option of phantom power or just use it as a second channel.
• 2 Input gain level controls with -10dB pad & Input clip Indicators for both channels
• Optical compressor with level
• 6 band EQ plus 30hZ boost
• Stereo pan control (for use when using 1 or 2 outputs to 1 or 2 WJ 1000 Watt Powered 2×10 cabs) Channel selector Independent volume control of both channels Master Stage volume Pre amp Output Indicator
• Outside power supply to ensure studio quality noiseless operation, switchable 115/230V Stereo XLR balance outputs & 1/4” unbalanced. Works in conjunction with the pan control Stereo/Mono FX loop Foot switch – to kill all sound for tuning etc.
• DI pre or post with level control
• Ground Lift for DI
• Aux in – 1/4” or mini jack
• Headphone out with level control
HEAR THE SOUND OF YOUR BASS AS IT WAS DESIGNED TO SOUND
It is guaranteed the rest of the members in your band or studio will comment on what an amazing sound you have as It cleans up the bands stage sound & allows all other Instruments to be clearly heard making all the other musicians even more happy.
Even your distortions pedals used in a session will be the best cleanest distortion sound you have ever heard.
They also sound amazing & give a true reproduction of the Double bass. Scott Colley, the bassist of choice for such jazz legends as Herbie Hancock, Jim Hall, Andrew Hill, and Michael Brecker, uses the WJ 1×10 Stereo/Mono Bass Cabinets with the WJBP Stereo Valve Bass Pre-Amp.
• Bass Player Magazine :
“The best powered cabs I’ve heard”
Review by Jonathan Herrera
Received Bass Player Magazine’s Editors Award
• Bass Gear Magazine :
“They are simply some of the best sounding cabs on the planet”
Review by Tom Bowlus
• Scott Devine (ScottsBassLessons.com) :
“It’s seriously epic - Insanely well made - I want one, I want two! - It sounds AWESOME”
• Bass Musician Magazine :
“All the WJ gear performed beautifully for me on jazz, Latin, fusion, and solo bass gigs, and I’m holding back tears as I prepare to return it!”
Review by Jake Wolf
You can also catch Wayne Jones Audio at Bass Direct UK. For details: Click Here