On Saturday, December 12, the Benefit for Tony MacAlpine concert – featuring the stellar line-up of Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan, Derek Sherinian, and John 5 – will take place at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles. That Metal Show host Eddie Trunk will serve as master of ceremonies.
Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine), Nuno Bettencourt (Extreme), and Richie Kotzen (The Winery Dogs) are joining this incredible line-up as part of the all-star jam.
In addition to this extraordinary musical event, a wealth of items will be available for auction at the show. Non LA-based fans can also bid by visiting tonymacalpine.com/benefitfortony day-of-show through December 19.
Auction items include:
- Personal guitars donated by Steve Vai, KISS, Steve Lukather, Joe Satriani, Steven Stevens, Paul Gilbert, Joe Bonamassa, John Petrucci, Tom Morello, Richie Kotzen, Vinnie Moore, and Jeff Loomis
- Signature snare drums from Simon Phillips, Gregg Bissonette, Mike Portnoy, and Eric Singer
- Signature bass from Billy Sheehan
- Personal bass lessons with Rudy Sarzo
- Stage outfit worn by John 5 on the Rob Zombie tour
- A balcony stateroom and 2 Gold VIP packages from the Axes & Anchors Cruise (February 20 – 24, 2016)
MacAlpine’s gear manufacturers – Ibanez, Hughes & Kettner, EMG, Ernie Ball, Source Audio, Voodoo Lab, and Xotic Effects – have also generously donated equipment to be raffled off at the show.
All proceeds will be collected on behalf of guitar/keyboard virtuoso Tony MacAlpine, who was recently diagnosed with colon cancer, and his family (his wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer).
Tickets are on sale now via LiveNation.