All of you rock songwriters out there, here is your chance for your big break! Guitar World is looking for the best rock song of 2015. If you submit and win your song will be featured in Guitar World Magazine and across the websites and social media pages of all of the Guitar World channels thus putting your song in front of millions of fans. Entry is $25.00 per song and the contest will run between May11th and July 13th, 2015.
Of course we're not partial or anything (wink), but we'd love to see a bass player take home this prize! So submit your songs now.
Click Here for Details: GUITAR WORLD
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE TO ENTER?
The deadline to enter is Monday, July 13, 2015.
HOW DO I ENTER MY SONG(S) FOR CONSIDERATION?
All songs entered must via web links that are public and that can be streamed without a login or password or without expiration throughout the course of the contest entry period. Streaming services like YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp or any cloud based platform will work well. As long as we can listen to the song via the internet, that’s fine. We do not accept physical mediums (CDs, tapes, ect.) nor do we accept any MP3 files.
HOW MANY SONGS CAN I ENTER?
There is no limit to the number of songs you may enter but the form is limited to taking 10 song entries at a time. Entrants wishing to enter more songs would need to complete additional forms accordingly.
DO YOU ONLY ACCEPT ORIGINAL SONGS?
Yes. Guitar World Rock Song Contest only accepts original songs. Songs that were written by anyone other than you will not be considered.
ARE THERE ANY AGE REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER?
Yes. Guitar World Rock Song Contest requires entrants to be 18 years old or older at time of entry.
ARE THERE SPECIFIC SONG CATEGORIES?
No. We’ve kept this contest simple. Essentially the song could be any rock song whether it be pop, punk, metal, folk, alternative, ballads, grunge, ect.
CAN I HAVE SOMEONE ELSE SING THE SONG I WROTE?
Yes, any vocalist can sing the song; it doesn't need to be the song author. Also, you may use any musicians you wish.
IS THERE A MAXIMUM TIME LENGTH TO AN ENTERED SONG?
Yes, the song’s maximum length can be up to six minutes.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY FEES?
The entry fee is $25 per song. So if you were to enter five songs, then the entry fee would be $125.
WILL YOU NOTIFY ENTRANTS THAT THEIR ENTRY HAS BEEN RECEIVED?
An email will be sent to all entrants notifying them that their entry(s) have been received. However, only entrants that have completed the payment form using a valid payment option will be considered.
HOW AND WHEN WILL THE WINNER BE NOTIFIED?
The Guitar World staff will select one grand prize winner on or around October 1, 2015. The winner will be notified by email or phone and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days of notification date.
DOES GUITAR WORLD OWN MY SONG ONCE I HAVE ENTERED IT?
No way! The entrant retains ALL rights to the songs, and Guitar World nor NewBay Media own the song or any rights to it.
WHAT TYPE OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept credit card payments only (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) via the payment portal after registering and submitting your song(s).
WHAT DO I GET IF I WIN?
The grand prize winner and song will receive extensive coverage in Guitar World Magazine, GuitarWorld.com, newsletters, and social promotion reaching millions of fans!
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Please email: email@example.com
Rules and Regulations:
1. $25 entry fee for each song submitted. Only entrants that have completed the payment form using a valid payment option will have their song(s) considered.
2. Song entrance fees are non-refundable. NewBay Media is not responsible for broken or dead links when submitting online song entries.
3. Each song submitted must be contestant's original work. Songs may not exceed six (6) minutes in length. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name only on the contest form. Contestant may submit as many songs as he/she wishes, but only 10 songs can be submitted on each entry form therefore entrants wishing to enter more songs would need to complete additional forms accordingly.
4. Contest will begin on or around May 11, 2015 and will run through July 13, 2015. The Guitar World staff will select one grand prize winner on or around October 1, 2015. The grand prize winner and song will receive coverage in Guitar World magazine, GuitarWorld.com, newsletters, and social promotion. NewBay Media reserves the right to extend the entry deadline, as well as the announcement date, and increase or reduce the entry fees.
5. Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters. Employees of NewBay Media, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible. Entrants must be 18 or older at the time of submission.
6. Winner will be chosen by a select panel of judges comprised of the Guitar World staff. Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, originality and lyrics (when applicable). The quality of production will not be considered. Prize will be awarded to the grand prize winner who's name and contact information appear on the entry form. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. NewBay Media reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
7. Winner will be notified by email or phone and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days of notification date. The affidavit will state that winner’s song is original work and he/she holds all rights to song. Failure to sign and return such affidavit within 14 days or provision of false/inaccurate information therein will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavits subject to verification by NewBay Media and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s names, likenesses, and voices for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
8. Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). NewBay Media will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.
Good Luck (Bass Players)!