Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/bassplayermag.
Follow daily tweets atwww.twitter.com/bassplayernow.
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.bassplayer.com.
Martin “Youth” Glover
- Check in with Killing Joke.
- Check in with the Fireman.
- Bang your head to “The Wait,” from Killing Joke’s 1980 debut album.
- Youth and McCartney talk about the Fireman.
Retro-Rama: The 1964 Gibson EB-6
- Watch the classic video of Blue Cheer’s “Summertime Blues.”
- Experience Blue Cheer live in 2007.
- Get the complete Blue Cheer discography, and learn more about Dickie Peterson and the band.
- Check out Allen Whitman’s multi-faceted web presence.
- Whitman cranks through a Satriani staple live in Holland.
Morris "B.B." Dickerson
- War plays “The Cisco Kid” live in 1973 on The Midnight Special.
- Drink up Eric Burdon & War’s “Spill the Wine.”
- Dickerson asks “Why Can’t We Be Friends?” with the Low Rider Band.
Cover Story: Jonas Hellborg
- Check out Hellborg’s homepage.
- Learn more at this Jonas Hellborg fan site.
- Delve deeper into Indian classical theory at knowyourraga.com.
Markbass Distorsore, Compressore & Super Synth Pedals
- Markbass’s Peter Murray demos the Distorsore.
- A video demo of the Compressore.
- Check out the Super Synth in action.
Peavey Millennium 4 AC BXP
- Learn more about the Millenium 4 AC BXP.
- Check out a funk-filled demo of the Millennium 4 AC BXP.
- Read more on the Mojo Triangle.
Bridge Bling & Transplant Surgery
- Check out Full Contact Hardware by Babicz.
- What kind of mods have you done to your basses? Join the discussion on BP’s Low Down Lowdown forum.
Instant Impression: Mick Karn, Part I
- Listen to Karn’s “Thundergirl Mutation,” from The Tooth Monster.
- YouTube user mindhead2005 takes on “Tin Drum” and more of Mick’s lines.
- Japan plays “Swing” on The Old Grey Whistle Test.
Master Class—The Dillinger Escape Plan's Liam Wilson
John Goldsby—Rhythmic Sleight of Hand
- Penn & Teller’s “7 Basic Principles of Magic,” with Penn Gillette playing some funky electric bass.
- Nerd out singing and clapping across-the-bar patterns with YouTube guru MattOttoJazz.
- Learn how to scam (or how not to be scammed) playing Three Card Monty.
Transcription—David Sanborn's “Hideaway”—Neil Jason’s Complete Bass Line
- Jason rips a bass solo with the Brecker Brothers on “Some Skunk Funk.”
- A 1985 performance of “Hideaway” with Tom Barney on bass.