Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/bassplayermag.
Follow daily tweets atwww.twitter.com/bassplayernow.
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.bassplayer.com.
- Take a peek behind the scenes of tracking Jason Aldean’s My Kind of Party.
- Some upper-register goodness on “Why.”
- Check tour dates and more at Aldean’s website.
- Catch up with the Honey Island Swamp Band.
- Watch Price with the Honey Island Swamp Band at Louisiana Music Factory During JazzFest 2010.
- Hear Cachao on “Al Fin Te Vi,” transcribed in the June 2008 issue of BASS PLAYER.
Cover Story: Rickey Minor
- Check in with Rickey at rickeyminor.com.
- Backing James Taylor on Oprah.
- Rickey rocks a keytar back in the day with Whitney Houston.
- Mussorgsky meets rock on ELP’s Pictures at an Exhibition.
- Bang your head to King Crimson’s “21st Century Schitzoid Man.”
- Check in with Greg at greglake.com.
TC Electronic BG500 115
- Dig deeper into the various features of the BG500.
- Prince bassist Bassida puts the BG500 through the paces.
- More about TC Electronic’s SpectroComp compression.
Fender Kingman Bass SCE
- Hear the Kingman in action.
- Read about other iconic acoustic bass guitars.
- Check out peer reviews of this and other ABGs.
Source Audio Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter
- Hear audio clips at sourceaudio.net.
- Watch a video demo of this pedal.
- Read BP’s review of the Source Audio Soundblox Multiwave Bass Distortion.
- Looking for a battery tester? Check out the Keith McMillen Batt-O-Meter.
- Get your speed-packing chops up to snuff at freetetris.org.
- Share your own DIY tour tips at BASS PLAYER’s Lowdown forum.
It's Not About Notes
- Bootsy’s Basic Funk Formula.
- “Unit Seven,” from the Wynton Kelly Trio’s Smokin’ at the Half-Note, with Wes Montgomery, Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers, and Jimmy Cobb.
- “You should never lose the groove in order to find a note.” Listen to a chapter from The Music Lesson, by Victor Wooten.