Inspired by the courage and spirit of exploration, the MAGELLAN 800 represents the pinnacle in the next generation in lightweight, high-output, versatile, bass amplification. With our years of research, design and manufacturing expertise, we’ve developed this model utilizing stringent design parameters for form, function, fit and finish.
The expanded feature set and output power level make this amplifier an essential tool on the global stage, and with its universal power supply, the MAGELLAN 800 can be used with any voltage around the world without modification.
The MAGELLAN 800 delivers exactly what players have come to expect from the GENZLER design team -- performance, versatility and reliability. From natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument to classic, vintage harmonic textures with “weighted, feel to the notes”, the MG-800 provides the tonal pallet needed to cover all of the bassist’s amplifier requirements.
Built for the demands of professional touring, the MAGELLAN™ 800 circuitry is housed in a classy, yet rugged aircraft-grade, brushed aluminum chassis with a sleek custom extruded front panel.
The dual channel design features:
● Clean Channel –
○ Pristine and Articulate
● Drive Channel –
○ Voiced for a More Driven Tonal Signature and Harmonic Texture
● Dual-Curve Variable Contour Circuitry
○ Curve A -- Classic to Modern -- Mid Scoop Curve
○ Curve B -- Thicker to Vintage -- Low-Mid Bump w/Tapered Top End
○ Flat Position -- Full Bypass
● Active 3 Band EQ w/Parametric Mid Control
● Signal Mute Switch
● Input Pad Switch
● Thermal Sensing Variable Speed Fan Cooling
● Brushed All Aluminum, Anodized Chassis
● 2.67 Ohm Min. Total Load
● Output: 400W/8 Ohms, 800W/4 Ohms and 800W/2.67 Ohms
● Dimensions: 11.25”W X 10.5”D X 3”H
● Weight: 6.25 Lbs.
USA Map: $759.00
AVAILABLE: January 2016
Although the same size as many premium 12” and tweeter cabinets, this innovative design blends the benefits of a 12” vented bass reflex enclosure with the performance and pattern control of a 4 x 3” neodymium driver line array element. The benefits of combining both design platforms in an extremely compact cabinet are exponential for the player:
● Delivering full, deep, low frequency response from the high efficiency neodymium 12” woofer-- doing what it does best, providing excellent support of the fundamental for the lower strings of the instrument.
● Using a selective crossover point this design overcomes the “beaming” (pattern narrowing) effects of a full range signal being reproduced by larger low frequency drivers which is common in many current small cabinet designs.
● Lowering midrange and high frequency distortion by allowing the use of small, 3” high performance cone transducers that would otherwise be unsuitable without the increased acoustic sensitivity obtained by the array design.
● Providing a much more open, smoother midrange and high frequency response because of the ideal natural characteristics of the mid-high frequency array when compared to a conventional tweeter that cannot reproduce the crucial midrange frequencies without pattern control or un-natural distortion.
What this means in the context of performance is the most focused, defined, musically smooth and seamless response possible throughout the BA12-3’s entire full-range bandwidth. Additionally the placement of the Line Array in front of the 12” woofer further provides a type of “single point source” projection-- think of it as concentric speakers, one inside of the other, in the same linear plane. Also due to line array principles the all-important mid and high frequencies have a much wider horizontal dispersion with a more controlled vertical pattern. This offers the most even projection possible
around the perimeter of the stage and audience.
The GENZLER AMPLIFICATION Bass Array 12-3 is the “game-changer” in compact, high output, bass cabinet design.
USA MAP $879.00
AVAILABLE: NOW - For more information, see us at Winter NAM Booth 4158 Hall C or visit www.genzleramplification.com