Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/bassplayermag.
Follow daily tweets atwww.twitter.com/bassplayernow.
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.bassplayer.com.
Brian Marshall: Alter'd Tuning
Steel Panther's Lexxi Foxx: Bitchin' Bass
- Watch the video for the debut single “Party Like Tomorrow Is the End of the World,” directed by Rob Riggle.
Matthew Lux On Subtlety & Taste
- You can find Matt at mattluxmusic.com.
- Visit Nathan’s website, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Find out how to get personalized video bass lessons from Nathan.
- Get the latest news on Fourplay.
John Goldsby's Jazz Concepts - The Real Deal: Wilbur Ware
- Learn about the Wilbur Ware Institute, a non-profit dedicated to preserving the memory of the legendary bassist.
- Celebrate the legacy of Wilbur Ware with bassists Juini Booth, Bill Crow, Ray Drummond, Larry Ridley, and Rufus Reid.
- Read pianist Ethan Iverson’s take on Wilbur Ware, Bass Genius, at his “Do the Math” blog.
Transcription: "Funk #49" By James Gang
- Play along with “Funk #49,” and dig on a live version of the Gang’s other big hit, 1971’s “Walk Away.”