Musical, natural and quiet compression - the Effectrode PC-2A pedal is made from the 'right stuff'. The signal path is 100% analog and built on a hand selected photo-cell, polyester coupling capacitors, precision metal-film resistors and NOS (new old stock) tube operating at real amp plate voltages - just like high-end vintage compressors found in many professional studios. This compact pedal boasts stacks of head-room and fantastic dynamic range for outstanding sound quality, preserving the attack characteristics while creating warm and natural compression. The 'limit' switch selects between compressor or limiter modes. In 'Compression' mode the PC-2A adds richness and thickness to electric guitar to enhance tone quality. Acoustic players will also appreciate the smoothness and sustain the PC-2A will add to amplified acoustic guitar, especially those fitted with piezo pickups. 'Limit' mode produces heavier compression for fat, squashed sustaining effects.
• All Tube: 100% pure analog vacuum tube audio path operating at amp plate voltages for maximum signal integrity and warm, natural sound reproduction.
• 'Proper' side-chain: A-weighted filtering in the side-chain replicates the response of the human ear and allows for heavy compression without the excessive 'pumping' normally associated with compressors processing low-frequnecy material, for much more natural and musical effect.
• Photo-optical gain control: The gain control attenuator is based on a CdS photocell which ensures the absolute minimum of distortion is introduced (much lower than V.C.A. and F.E.T. designs). Additionally, the natural decay characteristic of the photocell produces a smooth two-stage release characteristic which always sounds pleasing and natural to the ear as it eliminates 'breathing'.
• True Bypass: With Effectrode's unique ‘anti-pop’ or ‘thump’ footswitching circuitry utilizing sealed, gold-contact relay to eliminate the possibility of dirty contacts degrading the sound and minimial internal audio path.
• Deep Carmine Red L.E.D.: Indicates if the effect is engaged.
"I am a proud owner of a tube vibe, tube drive and a PC-2A compressor. I'm loving the tones I'm getting from these exquisite pedals and here in new Zealand they are pretty rare so I'm getting alot of guys drooling over them haha :-) " Grant - New Zealand - July 2010
"The noise floor on the tube compressor is so low I can turn the gain all the way up and get no additional noise--that translates into some nice sustain on solos, particularly on the neck pickup. Overall lead tones seem to be a lot less jagged sounding even when using the bridge pickup, I was getting close to the kind of smooth sustain that I recall on the solo from Is This Love by Whitesnake which was always one of my favorites and I have always coveted that tone, now I think I can dial it in pretty nicely. I can hear the compressor almost breathing, in a very transparent way when I strum clean chords riffs, it has a really nice warmth that is very musical and pleasing to the ear. Thats not something I can hear with chip based compressors, everything happens really abruptly it seems when there are chips involved." Vince Grattan - USA - June 2010
"Plugged it in, turned it on, and it sounds amazing! It's not hard to find a transparent, usable setting." Johnny Matthews - USA - June 2010