Session ace Kevin “Brandino” Brandon (Aretha Franklin, Justin Timberlake, Outkast), has teamed up with notable producer/engineer and YouTube Auteur Warren Huart (Aerosmith, Ace Frehley, The Fray) to talk about things pertaining to the bass and recording.
In recent years Brandino has appeared on Will.I.Am’s “#Willpower,” The Beach Boys “Made In California,” Robby Krieger’s “Singularity,” Justin Timberlake’s “The 20/20 Experience”, and his solo albums “The Many Faces of Brandino,” and “The Many Faces of Brandino 2.”
In this one hour and 17-minute video Brandino discusses playing pop, rock, and jazz with demonstrations as well as being a bass instructor to bassists such as Robert Trujillo (Metallica). Brandino discusses playing both upright and electric bass while proudly endorsing Warwick basses, D’addario Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps which are all used in the video. Brandino tells several stories throughout the video from moving out to L.A. and how he got his start in the music industry as a session musician to working with legendary musicians such as Aretha Franklin to current projects today.
Kevin “Brandino” Brandon is a 7 time Grammy Awarded, Producer, Composer, Arranger, and Bassist. Brandino has been on a non-stop flight to the top ever since performing on Outkast’s “Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.”
1. 2004 Album of the Year and Best Rap Album: “Speakerboxxx/The Love Below” by Outkast
2. 2006 Best R&B Album: “Breakthrough” by Mary J. Blige
3. 2006 Best R&B Performance by a duo or group with vocals “So Amazing” (Stevie Wonder and Beyoncé) from An All-Star Tribute to Luther Vandross. Beyoncé and Stevie Wonder performed the song.
4. 2007 Grammy nominated Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album: “FutureSex/Love Sounds”, by Justin Timberlake
5. 2011 Grammy nominated Best Pop Instrumental Album: “Singularity” by Robby Krieger (The Doors)
6. 2014 Best R&B Song of the Year “ Pusher Lover Girl” by Justin Timberlake the 20/20 Experience
“Brandino’s humanitarian organization for inner-city youth, called “You Can Do It If You Try” is now affiliated with the broadcasting unit start-up South Central TV, and new programs targeted at the disadvantaged and disabled, co-developed by Brandino’s non-profit and SCTV, will begin broadcasting in Summer 2017.
For more information please visit http://www.brandinosoundbox.com/
Warren Huart is an English record producer, mixer, recording engineer, composer, and multi-instrumentalist based in Los Angeles. He is known for his hard work ethic, positive attitude and respect for the artist’s vision. He has played a fundamental part in the creation of many platinum-selling albums, and worked with many of today’s most successful artists, such as The Fray, Daniel Powter, Marc Broussard, Trevor Hall, Korn, Better Than Ezra, James Blunt, Matisyahu, Ace Frehley, Aerosmith, Black Veil Brides, and Howie Day. Huart is the owner of Spitfire Studio in Los Angeles, CA and Spitfire Music; a one-stop music licensing house providing music for film and TV. He also owns the DIY YouTube Channel "Produce Like a Pro," which offers recording tutorials for recording enthusiasts, and has over 100,000 subscribers world wide.