Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/bassplayermag.
Follow daily tweets atwww.twitter.com/bassplayernow.
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.bassplayer.com.
Retro Rama: 1958 Pedulla Buzz Bass
- Check in with Chris at christarry.com.
- Hear an excerpt from Rest of the Story.
- Tarry talks about phrasing.
- Read more about Bob Moore.
- Check out the “We want a Postage Stamp for Bob Moore and the Nashville A-Team Musicians” Facebook page for details on Bob’s legendary sessions.
Cover Story: Nate Mendel
- Watch Nate and the Foos play Wasting Light in its entirety at the band’s Studio 606.
- Mendel muses on the Fender Precision Bass.
- Sunny Day Real Estate plays the Jon Stewart Show on MTV in 1994.
- Find photos, videos, and more at sevendust.com.
- Browse Sevendust’s YouTube channel for loads of live videos.
- Learn more about the Rockstar UPROAR Festival.
- Check out the music video for “So Far Away” at avanegedsevenfold.com.
- Listen to the demo version of “Nightmare” with Jimmy “the Rev” Sullivan on drums.
- Get a firsthand glimpse of Johnny’s gear from his tech, Kevin “Za” Zazzara.
Fender 60th Anniversary Precision Bass
- The title says it all: Jim Roberts’ How the Fender Bass Changed the World.
- Lee Sklar, Darryl Jones, Bob Babbitt, Eric Avery, and more sound off on the legacy of the Fender Precision.
Ampeg PF-500, PF-350, PF-210HE & PF-115HE
- Read BP’s cover story on Jess Oliver and the history of the Ampeg B-15.
- Check out our review of the Ampeg Heritage B-15.
- Read a review of Ampeg’s SVT-7PRO.
John Goldsby: Doubling—Multi-Bass-Tasking
- Think you’re multitasking? Think again . . . .
- Ray Brown talks about left- and right-hand double bass technique.
- Dig this right-hand technique tip from Jonathan Herrera.