Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/bassplayermag.
Follow daily tweets atwww.twitter.com/bassplayernow.
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.bassplayer.com.
Damien "Dee" Bone
- Watch Kyle play “Hot Box” with Manu Katché.
- Eastwood plays “Rio to Havana” live at Abbey Roads Studios.
- “Big Noise From Winnetka”
John Goldsby's Jazz Concepts—The Groove Factory, Part Two
- Check out Eddie Jones (bass) and Sonny Payne (drums) driving the Count Basie Orchestra with Billy Mitchell (tenor sax), proving that “it’s easy when you know how!” Note how Eddie Jones lays into the “and” of four at 4:33.
- Tenuto, marcato, snap pizzicato, Bartók pizzicato? You probably play all of these articulations; now learn what the musicals symbols mean.
- Hutch Hutchinson: Groove Gatherer. Hutch demonstrates his mastery of tenuto and staccato articulations in these transcriptions of his work with Bonnie Raitt.