Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/bassplayermag.
Follow daily tweets atwww.twitter.com/bassplayernow.
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.bassplayer.com.
John Taylor's Pleasure Groove
Marketing in the Social Media Age
- Connect with Janek Gwizdala.
- Connect with Juan Alderete.
- Connect with Damian Erskine.
- Desktop, laptop, or mobile, watch this discussion in its entirety on whichever gadget you please.
John Goldsby's Jazz Concepts—State of the Bass: Jimmie Blanton, Part 2
- Listen to Ellington and Jimmie Blanton play “Pitter, Panther, Patter.”
- Listen to John Goldsby and Bill Mays play “Pitter, Panther, Patter,” with John’s alternate solo changes.
- Read Donald Clarke’s take on the ASCAP strike of 1940 and the rise and fall of popular music.
- Get a taste of the Duke Ellington/Ray Brown tribute to Jimmie Blanton, This One’s for Blanton!
Ed Friedland's Blues You Can Use—Jack Meyers: Outside the Box
Transcription: "Funkin' for Jamaica (N.Y.)"
- See the original music video, with Sekou Bunch.
- Hear Chaka Khan's version, with Andrew Gouche.
- Check out Mariah Carey’s remake of “Don’t Stop (Funkin’ for Jamaica).”
- Tom Browne and Sekou Bunch: “Thighs High.”