Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/bassplayermag.
Follow daily tweets atwww.twitter.com/bassplayernow.
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.bassplayer.com.
- Watch Andy Hess with John Scofield’s R&B Quartet Live In Warsaw, Poland in October 2011.
- Dig Andy Hess doing a groove bass solo with Gov’t Mule in 2007.
- Find all you need to know about Mark Clarke at itsaboutmusic.com.
- Check out Tempest’s “Gorgon” with Allan Holdsworth on guitar.
- Mark throws down some tasty licks on “She’s A Runner” live with Billy Squier in 2009.
Cover Story:Alex Webster
- Read the unedited complete interview with Alex Webster.
- See behind-the-scenes footage of Alex Webster and Cannibal Corpse in the studio making their latest metal masterpiece, Torture.
- Check out all of the “creature and bug” animation that inspired the music on the Blotted Science EP, The Animation of Entomology.
- What happens when Cannibal Corpse runs into Jesse Jackson at an airport in Belgium? See for yourself!
The Jazz Education Network
- Kamil Erdem demonstrates his amazing world-music tapping style on “Waltz Andalucia.”
- Link up with the Jazz Education Network.
- The Jazz Video Guy raps on the JEN conference.
Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 12T Combo
Don’t Cross Me! The Clave & Tumbao In Cuban Music
- Watch the PBS documentary Cachao: Uno Más, celebrating Israel “Cachao” Lopez, the father of the mambo.
- Check out Roberto Occhipinti with the Hilario Duran Big Band playing “Mambo Influenciado.”
- Get clave examples from Chip Boaz at the Latin Jazz Center.
The Bass In The Caribbean: Trinidad’s Bass Of Steel
- Freddy Harris III & the Sesame Flyers Pan Orchestra perform “Advantage” at the 2011 Panorama competition in Brooklyn.
- Paul G. Ross takes an unconventional approach to the bass pans.