The Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie B Hella Fuzztortion is a hit with Scott Shriner, bassist for Weezer. Here's what Scott had to say about the Pickle Pie B: “This pedal is slamming. The blend is the key. It really leaves the tone unmolested and pure, pure gold. It was an instant hit in the studio and that was up against some tough classics and it stood out as a real winner. I love it.”
“Thanks for the pedal bro! Nice job, great pedals!” -Clif Norrell, Producer / Engineer (Jeff Buckley, Weezer, Rush, Faith No More, R.E.M.)
• A FET buffered active clean-boost.
• No "drop out" when you kick on the fuzz when playing live. Helps give the feel of running two amps, one wet, one dry for those of us who can't afford two SVT's, and/or can't lug two bass amps down to the local club.
• Totally changed FET-hybrid clip sections.
• Along with great sounding fuzz, this specific clipping combo helps the fuzz to mesh with the clean signal in a natural way, instead of just sitting on top of the dry signal like some fuzzers with clean blends can do.
• Altered tone-stack range geared specifically for bass.
• A widened range of usable tones from the "shape" knob. The pedal overall has a much less pronounced mid-scoop which helps it to retain presence in a live playing situation.
• Altered saturation (fuzz) knob to make it highly usable at lower gain settings. Roll the fuzz back, and things still sound crisp, also tighter lows at high fuzz settings. I know everyone says this, but The PP "B" really can go from a dirty, gritty, slightly over-driven clean-blended bass sound, to fully saturated, watch out for feedback, drop-C meltdown, and everything in-between.
• Various cap and resistor changes.
• Several core changes to the circuit to even better accommodate the bass guitar.
• Genuine Davies "Daka-ware" knobs (like the old WH pedals, and many others), not the knock offs. I kind of have a thing for knobs (that sounds weird), and when you see these in person, compared to the cheapo knobs they are truly a thing of beauty. Industry standard Alpha pots, lock-washers on pots and jacks, 3PDT switch for "true" bypass, Switchcraft jacks, insulated 2.1mm 9V jack (Boss-style) with fiberboard mounted connections. Great looking sturdy enclosures, hand-painted, as well as hand-screened in the USA (not by me!). Shipped with a new battery.
For more information, head to http://wrenandcuff.com/ppie_b.html