Any bass player who attended the 2015 Winter NAMM show that passed by the Fodera booth most likely stopped and salivated over the newest two additions to the custom bass company's family. The Emperor Standard Classic and Monarch Classic Standard series basses are easy on the eyes and heavy on the tones. Offering a classic look that differs from Fodera's typical exotic wood, custom luthier crafted aesthetic, these new basses both play and sound like a dream.
The Emperor 5 Standard Classic features the very best of 31 years of building experience in an instrument that blends the tone, playability and pro-player reliability bass players have come to expect from Fodera with a more traditional, “Classic” look that will be at home in any playing situation.
As you probably know, every one of Fodera's custom instruments has been built by hand in Brooklyn, New York. The vast majority of these instruments have featured tops made from various exotic woods from all over the world. As much as this has historically been our “look,” there have been many players over the years that have expressed the desire to play a Fodera but either due to the requirements of their gig, or purely based on personal taste, want a more “traditional” looking instrument. The Emperor 5 Standard Classic and its sister, the Monarch 4 Standard Classic, are designed to meet this need.
The Emperor 5 Standard Classic
Shown in Sunburst
Shown in Black
The Emperor 5 Standard Classic and Monarch 4 Standard Classic basses are handcrafted in Brooklyn, NY.
• Hand selected, aged tone woods
• Compound radius fingerboard
• Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple neck
• High-mass, proprietary, adjustable, bell-brass bridge
• Fodera / Duncan proprietary Dual Coil Pickups
• Fodera / Pope 3-band proprietary internal Preamp
• Customer’s choice of wood combinations (Ash / Maple or Alder / Rosewood)
• Customer’s choice of paint colors (Vintage Sunburst, Red, Black or White)
• Customer’s choice of pickguards (3-ply Tortoiseshell, Black or White)
The Monarch 4 Standard Classic
Shown in White
Shown in Red
For more on Fodera Basses: CLICK HERE