Ashdown has worked with a number of funk masters over the past 30+ years of making bass amps, and the desire to create an amplifier which meets the requirements for absolute fidelity and clarity, precision tone shaping and masses of power on tap for stunning dynamics, continues to this day.
The result is the Retroglide-800, an 800-watt RMS funk powerhouse with:
• Hi & low impedance instrument inputs
• 12-band graphic EQ @ 30hz to 15Khz + or – 15dB
• Post EQ balanced DI output
• Mute switch with LED indicator
• Output protect LED indicator just in case things get to hot under the hood
• Line input
• Effects loop and speaker output
• Nuetrik combi jack/speakon connector
A hand-machined 6mm alloy panel adorns the front of the Retroglide, machined to protect the sliders from being knocked in transport. The unit is housed in an engineered mild steel lid, designed to protect the input and output knobs as well as provide a steady airflow for ventilation.
For more info go to the Ashdown Engineering website.