We understand. You thought you could get away with pedals whose housings are as thin as carbon paper and a board that’s held together by scotch tape and prayers. When you step on stage, who’s going to hear the difference?
But then you played a few gigs, and your anemic notes disintegrated into the aether, or your signal dropped out and you had to flail around mid-song to troubleshoot which of your poorly made pedals or patch cables failed you. Under the weight of your own frustration and that of your glowering bandmates, you came to realize the error of your ways.
Well, the chance to redeem yourself has arrived. We’ve put together four fully-stocked pedalboards worthy of the pros, and we’ll be making one available each month for the next four months, from September to December. All you have to do to enter to win one of these mighty fine prizes is to come clean with your pedalboard sins before the world. Here’s how to do just that.
1. DOCUMENT YOUR PITIFUL PEDALBOARD.
First, take a photo or video of your sad pedalboard. Be creative, have fun. Make it interesting, and make it stand out. But be cool—use common sense and decency. We will be moderating submissions, and we reserve the right to remove any offensive or otherwise inappropriate content. If we have to remove your submission, your submission will be disqualified from the contest. Bummer.
2. UPLOAD IT. TAG IT WITH #JIMDUNLOP + #SADBOARD + #BASS.
Next, upload your image or photo to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. If submitting to Instagram or Twitter, your profile must be public. If submitting to Facebook, you must post your entry on the Jim Dunlop Facebook timeline.
Tag your uploaded image with #JIMDUNLOP, #SADBOARD, and #BASS to enter your submission into the contest. This step is crucial! Your entry won’t be official unless you use all three tags.
3. BEG YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO VOTE FOR YOUR SAD SUBMISSION.
Finally, share the sadboard post on your Facebook timeline and with as many people as you can so they can vote for your entry. Voters must have a Facebook account, and they may vote once per day.
WINNER GETS A FULLY STOCKED & DECIDEDLY NOT SAD PEDALBOARD.
At the end of the month, we’ll choose the pedalboard with the most votes as America’s Saddest Pedalboard. If your entry wins this dubious distinction, you will receive the currently offered board and a pardon for your pedalboard crimes.
THIS BASS PEDALBOARD IS UP FOR GRABS IN OCTOBER:
For more visit: Jim Dunlop
THE LEGAL STUFF.
1. TO ENTER: Upload and tag as outlined to the Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. Facebook page, Instagram and/or Twitter. Entrants must complete the upload and tag as instructed to be eligible. All entries become property of Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entry is required in order to participate in this contest. Contest ends with drawing of first prize.
2. WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: The winner of the prize will be determined by number of votes received. Dunlop reserves the right to choose a winner other than the top vote winner. Selected entrants will be notified by phone, e-mail and/or mail within 5 days of the contest end. In the event that we are not able to reach a selected entrant within 5 days of the draw, the selected entrant will be deemed to have forfeited any rights to the prize and another entry will be selected from the remaining eligible entrants. The odds of being selected are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
3. The Prize will be awarded and the winner will be notified by phone, e-mail and/or mail. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes which may be payable due to receipt of prize. Limit: one (1) prize per person. Winning households are ineligible to win another prize for 1 year. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer's terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Actual prizes awarded subject to Sponsors sole discretion based on availability. No substitution, barter, transfer, or assignment of any prize permitted, except by Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. at their sole discretion. Some restrictions may apply.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open only to legal residents of the United States of America that were 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc., their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members and persons living in the households of each are not eligible to enter.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and decisions of the independent judges, which shall be final.
6. By entering the contest and accepting a prize, the winner authorizes Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. the use of his/her name, photograph, image, portrait, likeness, voice and/or city of residence without compensation, in any publicity or advertising carried out by Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc unless prohibited by law.
7. By entering the contest and accepting a prize, participants release Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents and employees from any and all liability, damages, or causes of action (however named or decided) with respect to or arising out of participation in this contest, or the receipt or use of the prize awarded. Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release as a condition of winning. Where applicable, tax forms must be completed.
8. Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. is not responsible for printing or production errors and may, at its discretion, withdraw this contest if it is found to contain any such error without liability to anyone whatsoever.
9. Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. and their agents and assigns are not responsible for technical, internet, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest. If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc., which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest), the contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. shall have the right, at its and their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer or cellular telephone relating to or resulting from participation in this contest or use of any materials in this contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, DUNLOP MANUFACTURING INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by international, federal, state, or local law. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
11. For a list of prizewinners, send self-addressed stamped envelope to "CONTEST WINNERS", Dunlop Manufacturing, 150 Industrial Way, Benicia, CA 94510.