Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/bassplayermag.
Follow daily tweets atwww.twitter.com/bassplayernow.
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.bassplayer.com.
Lee Sklar: The Song Remains Supreme
- Lee plays with JoStLe (with Steve Bailey and Jonas Hellborg) at Bass Player LIVE! 2011.
- Lee talks to BP about his historic 2010-11 tour with James Taylor and Carol King.
- Watch Judith Owen’s promo clip with Lee.
John Goldsby's Jazz Concepts: Studio Oddities - Sight-Reading In The Studio, Part 3
- Hear and play along with Examples 1–6.
- Want to master reading odd time signatures? Preview master drummer Louis Bellson’s Odd Time Reading Text: For All Instruments [Alfred Music Publishing].
- Check out studio bass master Jerry Jemmott and drummer Roger Hawkins laying down the changing meters on Aretha Franklin’s version of “I’ll Say a Little Prayer For You.” (The verse is in 4/4 with one 2/4 bar, while the chorus is in 11/4—two bars of 4/4, one bar of 3/4.)
Transcription: Norman Watt-Roy on Ian Dury's "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick"
- Listen to Ian Dury & the Blockheads’ “Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick.”
- Norman Watt-Roy plays “Rhythm Stick” live in 2013.
- Norman Watt-Roy talks about and plays his “Rhythm Stick” P-Bass.